In Fallout 4, Emogene Cabot not in room is usually an issue caused by the way you approached the quest. Instead of killing everyone in the amphitheater, you should talk to them. Besides that, depending on the situation, you could resort to the console to complete the quest. Continue reading to learn what must be done.
Overall, while dangers lurk around every corner in Fallout 4, there is no need to go for the gun whenever things don’t seem right. Regarding the quest “Emogene Takes a Lover”, if you kill everyone in the amphitheater, it’s possible that Emogene Cabot will disappear from the back room.
Despite its popularity, Fallout 4 is not exactly well-polished and bugs plague many aspects of the game including quests. It’s not uncommon for quest elements to vanish into thin air as a result of bugs. Hence, once it comes to Emogene Cabot not in room, it’s strongly recommended that you give bugs some thought. Unless you take action, there is no way you could complete the quest.
Solution 1: Reload A Earlier Save
In the beginning, you should reload to an earlier save then change your approach to the quest. Instead of killing everyone in the amphitheater, do everything you can to avoid combat. It’s a good idea to stealthily make your way to Emogene Cabot as well. By doing so, you could complete the quest “Emogene Takes a Lover” in a blink of an eye.
Solution 2: Make Use Of The Console
- Step 1: Open Steam, log into your account and launch Fallout 4.
- Step 2: Load the latest save.
- Step 3: Go to the amphitheater.
- Step 4: Open your in-game console by pressing the “~” button on your keyboard.
- Step 5: Run each of the commands down below in the console:
- ssq ms09
- prid 47ec4
- ForceRefIntoAlias emogeneOld
- ForceRefIntoAlias emogene
- Moveto 518ce
Assuming that things proceed smoothly, Emogene is going to appear in the back room where Thomas is supposed to have locked her up. At that point, you could talk to Emogene to progress the quest.
Note: If you play Fallout 4 in Survival Mode, you have to download and install a mod to bypass the console restrictions. Once you have access to the console, you could use it to address the quest issue at your leisure.
- Step 1: Launch your web browser then go to Survival Mode Console Enabler at Fallout 4 Nexus – Mods and community (nexusmods.com).
- Step 2: Download and install the mod.
- Step 3: Launch your Fallout 4 then open the console.
- Step 4: Run each of the commands down below in the console:
- setstage 000503B9 70
- setstage 00022A00 705
- setstage 00022A00 710
- setstage 00022A00 720
- setstage 00022A00 750
- Step 5: Go talk to Jack.
Tips And Tricks
- Don’t Forget To Grab Fusion Cores: In Fallout 4, Fusion Cores not only let you use Power Armor but also serve as ammunition for energy weapons. Because of that, search everywhere you go and grab as many fusion cores as possible.
- Only Carry Essentials: You could come across many items from consumables to misc as you explore the world of Fallout 4. Still, you should resist the temptation to carry more items than you need in your adventure. Unless you manage to keep inventory items under control, it’s only natural for your character to be overburdened which is a hassle. In the case that you want to bring along a lot of items, move some to the inventory of your companion.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s. Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own. Connect with him on Twitter.