If you notice Tera not launching from Steam, some of its files must be corrupted, and you may want to verify the integrity of game files. Aside from that, you should restart your computer, run Steam as an administrator, make exception for Tera, etc. Read to the end to get rid of the issue and enjoy Tera to the fullest.
A Few Fixes
Verify Integrity Of Game File
- Step 1: Open Steam, log into your account, and go to Library.
- Step 2: Locate Tera, right-click it, and pick Properties.
- Step 3: Select the Local Files tab, then choose Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Step 4: As soon as the process completes, launch the game and see how things turn out.
Close Steam, restart your computer and determine whether the issue persists. Of course, you should save everything that must be saved in advance.
Run Steam As Administrator
- Step 1: Locate Steam shortcut, right-click it, and pick Properties.
- Step 2: Go to Compatibility tab, then check the checkbox next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Step 3: Select Apply, then choose OK. After you finish, open Steam, log into your account, and launch Tera.
Make Exception For Tera
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings, select Update & Security, then choose Windows Security.
- Step 2: Hit Virus & threat protection.
- Step 3: Click Manage settings, then pick Add or remove exclusions
- Step 4: Choose Add an exclusion, locate the Tera game, and select it to add it to the exclusions list.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run, type gpedit.msc, and hit Ok.
- Step 2: Navigate to Computer Configuration, select Administrative Templates, and choose Network.
- Step 3: Click Network Connections from the options in the drop-down menu, then pick Windows Defender Firewall.
- Step 4: Proceed to hit Domain Profile.
- Step 5: Right-click Windows Defender Firewall: Allow Local Program Exceptions, then pick Properties.
- Step 6: Check the Enabled checkbox, choose Apply and select Ok.
- Step 7: Go to the Search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Step 8: Select System and Security, then choose Windows Defender Firewall.
- Step 9: Hit Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Step 10: Click Change settings, pick Tera from the list, check both the Private and Public boxes, and hit Ok.
Tera Won’t Launch From Steam: Suspects
In layman’s terms, like its contemporaries, Tera could only run if all of its files stay intact. Needless to say, if corruption exists in the game files, it’s only natural for Tera to go haywire from time to time. You have a hard time getting Tera to launch from Steam? In that case, you should take corruption into account.
While Tera is a solid game, it still glitches out at times and Tera not launching from Steam is one of the consequences. Unless you take action, there is no way to get the most out of the game.
All apps on Windows computers require permission to run, and Steam is not an exception. Thus, if you have yet to grant Steam the permission it needs, Steam games could act up upon launch.
Generally speaking, antivirus programs and firewalls mean well, but they sometimes overreact and cause apps to malfunction. To be thorough, while troubleshooting issues that involve games on Windows, you should add antivirus programs/firewalls to your list of suspects.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s.
Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Since 2019, he started providing game reviews & tips for Grateful Dead Game. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own.