About Sonic Generations controller not working, you may want to apply changes to the Steam controller settings. In addition to that, it won’t hurt to resort to controller emulators in a couple of cases. Spare a bit of your time to check out this article if you want to be able to play Sonic Generations on a PC using console controllers.
Sonic Generations Controller Won’t Work: Solutions
Change Steam Controller Settings
- Step 1: Launch Steam, log into your account and go to Settings.
- Step 2: Select Controller, choose General Controller Settings and check the checkbox based on your controller. If you use a PlayStation controller, check the PlayStation Configuration checkbox. If your controller is an Xbox model, check the Xbox Configuration Support checkbox. In the case that you play using a generic gamepad, check the Generic Gamepad Configuration Support checkbox
- Step 3: Enable Big Picture Mode, go to Library, select Sonic Generations, choose Manage and hit Controller Configuration.
- Step 4: Map the controller buttons to your liking.
- Step 5: After you finish, Launch the game.
Make Use Of Controller Emulators
Regarding Sonic Generations controller not working, it’s a good idea to take advantage of controller emulators. For instance, if you like using Xbox 360 controllers while playing games on PC, you should pick up x360ce (Xbox 360 Controller Emulator).
- Step 1: Download and install x360ce.
- Step 2: Put x360ce into the game folder.
- Step 3: Launch x360ce then wait for it to run all the way.
- Step 4: Use x360ce to configure the controller
- Step 5: Launch the game.
How old is Tails fox in Sonic?
Tails is an eight-year-old fox and its real name is Miles Prower. He is Sonic’s best friend and sidekick throughout the franchise. Tails’ tails can spin like propellers which allow him to fly around.
How old is Sonic in Sonic Generations?
In Sonic Generations, Sonic’s age is 11 but if you take the whole franchise into account, Sonic is actually 35 years old.
Who is the oldest character in Sonic?
In the franchise, Zik is currently the oldest character at 1,036 years old. Also, Zik is much older than the second oldest character, Zomom, who is only 133 years old.
Can Sonic swim?
The answer is no and Sonic will sink if it goes into the water. The creator of Sonic, Yuiji Naka, thought that hedgehogs cannot swim but the truth is the opposite. Regardless, Sonic not being able to swim is not a big deal since his speed enables him to skip along the top of the water.
Can Sonic talk in Sonic Generations?
No, and that was decided by Sega, the game developer. However, if you want to see Sonic speaking, you can find some officially licensed Classic-era materials such as the DiC cartoons.
How did Sonic’s color turn blue?
The answer to that question can be found in Sonic the Comic which explains the origin of Sonic. In a nutshell, Sonic got his blue quills after running too fast in a new Power Sneakers experiment. Sonic was able to break the sound barrier, destroy the machine and get himself a new appearance.
What is the role of rings in Sonic?
In Sonic, the rings are used to open portals that allow moving from one universe to the other. If you want to see how the rings work, you should watch the Sonic movie.
How fast is Sonic?
Sonic the Hedgehog’s maximum speed is 186,000 miles per second. That means he can travel 767 miles per hour which is faster than the speed of light.
What is the strongest form that Sonic can get?
Hyper Sonic is the strongest form of Sonic and it requires at least fifty Rings to initiate the transformation.
Can Sonic run without shoes?
Since Sonic does not need technological gadgets to reach his maximum speed, he could run fast without shoes. Nevertheless, the Power Sneakers remain a vital part of Sonic’s item set.
Why does Sonic always wear gloves?
Gloves have nothing to do with Sonic’s power or history. They appear only as a nod to the gloves that were worn by other older, famous animated characters such as Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny.
Interesting Facts About Sonic Generations
- Sonic Generations is composed of two separated time periods. The first part is the classic era based on the original game while the second part, the modern era, is based on Sonic Adventure 2.
- Sonic Generations is the first Sonic game that was released on a Nintendo console.
- If you find the soundtracks in Sonic Generations to be familiar then you are not wrong. The game mixes both classic and modern Sonic songs.
- As of April 4, 2022, 1.65 million copies of Sonic Generations have been sold all over the world.
- The sequel of Sonic Generations, Sonic Lost World, was introduced in 2013.
- Sonic Generations has a remastered version released in 2016 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
- The Escape from the City’s autotuned part in Act 1 uses the same melody as the Endless Mine level in Sonic the Hedgehog 3.
- Act 2 of Sonic Generations contains some elements of It Doesn’t Matter of Sonic Adventure 2.
- Sonic has a voice line that acts as a reference to Sonic and the Secret Rings & Sonic Colors respectively and it will be said after the players finished the Green Hill Zone using modern Sonic. The line is: “No stranger than rescuing genies and magic books or saving aliens in an interstellar amusement park.”
- Sonic Generations was initially planned to be available on the Wii and DS.
- In the Shadow Fight part of Sonic Generations, the opening cutscene resembles the opening of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.
- The flags that appeared in the Rooftop Run stage in Act 1 show all the countries visited by Sonic during Sonic Unleashed.
- After finishing a freestyle trick, modern Sonic will make a pose identical to the one on the cover of Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast.
- Sonic Generations was created as an anniversary game for the 20 years celebration of Sonic.