All in all, if Sniper Elite 3 crashes after logo, corruption is the number one suspect and you should verify integrity of the game files. Other solutions include updating the display driver, turning off antivirus software and firewalls, etc. Not exactly tech-savvy and don’t know how to carry out the solutions on your own? In that case, this article is for you.
The Usual Suspects
In layman’s terms, Sniper Elite 3 is not exactly well-polished and the game could crash out of the blue. Still, if Sniper Elite 3 crashes after logo, you should consider these possibilities:
- Corrupted game files.
- Outdated display driver.
- Overacting antivirus software and firewalls.
Putting An End To The Crashing: Complication
Verify Integrity Of Game Files
- Step 1: Open Steam, log into your account and go to Library.
- Step 2: Right-click Sniper Elite 3 and pick Properties.
- Step 3: Select Local Files tab then choose Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Step 4: Following the conclusion of the verification, launch the game and determine whether the issue persists.
- Step 1: Press Windows key, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Step 2: In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right-click your graphics card and pick Update driver.
- Step 3: Follow onscreen instructions.
- Step 4: Restart your computer once the update wraps up.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, open Steam and launch Sniper Elite 3.
Turn Off Antivirus Software And Firewalls
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings, click Update & Security and pick Virus & threat protection in Windows Security.
- Step 2: Hit Manage Settings under Virus & threat protection settings then toggle the Off near Real-time protection.
- Step 3: Press Windows key, type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Step 4: Change View by to Category, select System and Security then choose Windows Defender Firewall.
- Step 5: Look to the left, hit Turn Windows Firewall on or off and check the Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) checkbox in Private network settings as well as Public network settings. Last but not least, hit OK to save the changes, launch Sniper Elite 3 and see how things turn out.
What You Must Know About Sniper Elite 3
Go For Heart Shots
In case you don’t know, different shots deal different amounts of damages and grant different numbers of experience points. Among the shots, heart shots instantly kill the enemies and provide you with the most experience points. Of course, feel free to get creative: it’s possible to blow enemies to pieces by shooting grenades around their waists. Additionally, you could take out the drivers of trucks to total the vehicles and kill passengers.
Remember To Plan
Don’t be in a hurry to shoot down all enemies in sight. Look around, map the position of every enemy around and plan your attack accordingly. (grossmancapraroplasticsurgery) Needless to say, you should prioritize enemy snipers.
Search Dead Bodies
Every time you come across dead enemies, search their bodies for ammo, weapons and so on. That helps a lot in draw-out missions.
Make Use Of Binoculars
While engaging vehicles, it’s essential to hit the weak parts whenever there is an opportunity. By taking advantage of the binoculars, you could locate weak parts (red color) and target them.
Note: On occasions, instead of using the sniper rifle, it’s more effective and efficient to use mines to neutralize enemy vehicles. Plant mines along the road, wait for vehicles to come by and enjoy the fireworks.
Mask The Noise
In Sniper Elite 3, there is no silencer for sniper rifles so the more shots you fire, the more noise you make. If you fail to take precautions, the noise may give your position away and it’s only a matter of time before enemies rush you. To stay hidden, it’s widely advised that you mask the noise. Here is an example: If you sabotage a generator, the sound it makes should be enough to drown out the noise of your shots.
Is Sniper Elite 3 an open-world game?
Sniper Elite 3 is an open-world game that is set around World War 2. You get to visit many theaters of war ranging from Europe to North Africa.
How long does it take to complete Sniper Elite 3?
You need about 9 hours to finish Sniper Elite 3 if you focus on the objectives. However, in the case that you like to explore and see everything in the game, prepare to spend up to 30.5 hours.
Do I need the Internet to play Sniper Elite 3?
Sniper Elite 3 is an offline-only game which means you don’t need Internet connection to play it.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s. Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own. Connect with him on Twitter.