Regarding Skyrim Sexlab animations not working, it’s possible that you don’t have FNIS, so you must download and install it. In the case that the issue persists, you should pick up Sexlab Animation Loader. Spare a bit of your time to take a look at this article and enjoy the animations to the fullest.
Fore’s New Idles in Skyrim (FNIS), in essence, enables players to add new animations to Skyrim. Needless to say, if FNIS is not present on your computer, you would have a hard time getting the most out of Skyrim Sexlab animations. Hence, if you notice Skyrim Sexlab animations not working, it’s strongly recommended that you give FNIS some thought. Fortunately, if FNIS is at fault, it won’t take a lot of time and effort to resolve the issue.
In case you don’t know, many mods for Skyrim must be loaded in the correct order to work. Unable to enable Skyrim Sexlab animations? In that case, you should add load order to your list of suspects.
Solution 1: Download And Install FNIS
We assume that you already have mod managers like Mod Organizer 2 (MO2), Vortex, … on your computer. If you don’t have a mod manager, install one, then proceed. Furthermore, refrain from installing FNIS in the program directory as well as locations that require system admin privileges for access.
- Step 1: Open your browser and go to Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE – FNIS SE at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus – Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) if your Skyrim version is Special Edition (SE). If the Skyrim version is the Legendary Edition (LE), go to Fores New Idles in Skyrim – FNIS at Skyrim Nexus – Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) instead.
- Step 2: Choose Files, then select Manual Download.
For Mod Organizer 2 (MO2)
- Step 3A: Once your download is complete, launch Mod Organizer 2 and go to the Downloads tab
- Step 4A: You should find the FNIS file you downloaded here. If the file is nowhere in sight, you’ll have to add it manually. To do so, go to your Downloads folder, then drag and drop the FNIS file in the space under the Downloads tab of Mod Organizer.
- Step 5A: Double-click the FNIS behavior archive file that you added to the Downloads tab to bring up the Install Mods window.
- Step 6A: Hit the arrow next to “FNIS Behavior” to expand the drop-down menu.
- Step 7A: Right-click Data from the drop-down list, pick Set data directory, and hit Ok. MO2 will then proceed to install FNIS behavior. If you downloaded additional FNIS files, follow the same process to install them.
- Step 8A: Tick the empty box on the lower left side of your screen to enable it.
- Step 9A: Select the Modify executables from the top of your screen (gears icon).
- Step 10A: In the new window, type FNIS into the space in front of Title, select “…” in front of Binary, and navigate to your MO2 installation directory. If you don’t know the location, simply right-click the MO2 desktop shortcut, then pick Open File Location.
- Step 11A: Once you have reached the mod directory, open the FNIS Behavior mod folder, select Tools, and open the GenerateFNIS_for_Users folder.
- Step 12A: Navigate to the GenerateFNIS_for_Users executable file, choose Add and close the window.
- Step 13A: Click Update FNIS Behavior, wait for a while for the process to complete, and pick Consistent Check. Choose Exit, then select No if a pop-up appears.
- Step 14A: Right-click Overwrite, pick the Create mod, and name it FNIS-Output.
- Step 15A: Hit OK.
- Step 3B: Launch Vortex, then hit the Mods tab to open the menu.
- Step 4B: If you can’t find your downloaded FNIS file, proceed to drag and drop it here.
- Step 5B: Click the Install button beside FNIS Behavior and pick Enable in the notification message after the installation finishes. Next, hit Confirm, then repeat the process to install other additional FNIS files you downloaded.
- Step 6B: Select Deploy Mods at the top of your screen and choose Confirm if you come across pop-ups.
- Step 7B: Locate Actions on your screen, hit the gear icon next to it, and determine whether Dependencies is activated. If it isn’t, click on the box beside it to activate Dependencies.
- Step 8B: Pick Dashboard (top left corner of the screen), click the vertical ellipses next to the FNIS menu, and hit Edit.
- Step 9B: Choose the folder icon beside Target, navigate to your Skyrim installation folder and select the Data folder.
- Step 10B: Pick Tools and open the GenerateFNIS_for_Users folder.
- Step 11B: Navigate to the GenerateFNIS_for_Users executable file, double-click it and pick Save.
- Step 12B: Select Settings in Vortex and choose the Interface tab.
- Step 13B: Activate Run FNIS on Deployment Event, open the Mods menu, and hit the Configure FNIS at the top of the screen.
- Step 14B: You’ll see a list of patches, so select the ones you like to use in your Skyrim game and choose Save.
- Step 15B: Hit Deploy Mods, then wait for a moment for the new FNIS data mod to enable itself.
Solution 2: Download And Install Sexlab Animation Loader
- Step 1: Open your browser, go to https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5328-sexlab-animation-loader-sse/ and download Sexlab Animation Loader. You could then download Sexlab animation mods you want to use if you have yet to download them
- Step 3: Launch Mod Organizer 2, then hit the disk-like icon at the top of the page.
- Step 4: Select Install mod, navigate to the directory of the Sexlab Animation Loader file you downloaded and choose it.
- Step 5: Tick the empty box beside Sexlab Animation Loader to activate it and repeat the same process to install the other animation you like.
- Step 6: Launch Skyrim, then load your last save.
- Step 7: Open the SLAL MCM menu, click the animation mods you want to enable, and pick Register.