Table of Contents
Regarding Resident Evil 7 mouse not working, it’s highly likely that the mouse driver is obsolete and driver update is the best solution. Aside from that, you could tweak the mouse settings, change resolution and verify integrity of game files. You don’t know how to carry out the solutions on your own? In that case, this article is exactly what you need.
How To Get The Mouse Back To Work
Update The Mouse Driver
Keeping your PC drivers up-to-date is fundamental to your overall experience. If your drivers are damaged or outdated, your game can experience unexpected errors or crashes. To protect your system, you will need to update your driver routinely. (Xanax)
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type devmgmt.msc then press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Step 2: Expand Mice and other pointing devices, right-click your mouse and pick Update driver.
- Step 3: Hir Search automatically for updated driver software then allow the process to go all the way.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, launch Resident Evil 7 and determine whether the issue persists.
Tweak Mouse Settings
In case you don’t know, in Resident Evil 7, maximum sensitivity is not 10 and you could set it beyond 10. If you notice Resident Evil 7 mouse not working, you should maximize Mouse Sensitivity, Movement Camera Sensitivity with Mouse and DPI of mouse.
Apply Changes To Resolution
All in all, Resident Evil 7 supports a number of resolutions but people have reported that some resolutions mess up mouse operations. Unable to get your mouse to work in Resident Evil 7? Then it’s strongly recommended that you change the resolution.
- Step 1: Launch Resident Evil 7.
- Step 2: Navigate to Options > Display.
- Step 3: Change Screen Resolution to 1920×1080.
Verify Integrity Of Game Files
- Step 1: Open Steam, log into your account and go to Library.
- Step 2: Locate Resident Evil 7, right-click it and pick Properties.
- Step 3: Select Local Files tab then choose Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Step 4: As soon as the process concludes, launch the game and see how things turn out.
Mouse Won’t Work In Resident Evil 7: Causes
Generally speaking, Resident Evil 7 could run into a couple of issues but if you notice Resident Evil 7 mouse not working, you must consider these possibilities:
- Mouse driver is outdated
- Incorrect mouse settings
- Ill-suited resolution
- Corrupted game files
Is Resident Evil 7 Scary?
There is no definitive answer as it all comes down to personal preferences. Some people find Resident Evil 7 scary while others don’t feel scared at all.
What Is The Story Of Resident Evil 7?
While Resident Evil 7 is not a direct sequel to Resident Evil 6 but it continues the story of the series’ overarching narrative. Set immediately after the events of Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil 7 follows Ethan Winters as he searches for his missing wife.
How Long Does It Take To Complete Resident Evil 7?
On average, a Resident Evil 7 playthrough lasts for 10 hours in normal mode. If you play in Madhouse mode, prepare to spend an extra hour to complete the game,
What With The Lack Of Zombies In Resident Evil 7?
One possible explanation for the lack of zombies in Resident Evil 7 is that the game is set in a distinct location compared to previous games. Therefore, the developers decided to focus on other types of monsters in the game. It’s also possible that the zombies were removed from the game because they didn’t match the atmosphere of the game.
Is It Possible To Automate Driver Update?
To update drivers automatically, you need driver managers and Driver Easy is a prime example.
- Step 1: Download and install Driver Easy.
- Step 2: Launch Driver Easy then hit Scan Now.
- Step 3: If you use the Free version, click Update to the right of a driver to update that driver. On the other hand, if you use the Pro version, click Update All to update all drivers on your computer.
Gameplay Tips And Tricks
- Maintain distance from enemies and shoot at them to avoid getting hit.
- Save herbs and first-aid sprays to heal yourself in times of need.
- Explore every corner of an area to pick up all the valuables.
- Pay attention to your environment and use it to your advantage. For instance, you can use environmental hazards to damage enemies, solve puzzles, etc.
- Save your game from time to time. By doing so, you don’t have to worry too much about lost progress due to sudden death.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s.
Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Since 2019, he started providing game reviews & tips for Grateful Dead Game. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own.