Table of Contents
In Oxygen Not Included (Klei Entertainment), players manage Duplicants that take on many tasks to maintain their subterranean base inside a space rock. As the game progresses, players must set up a wide range of structures to sustain the Duplicants but that may get tedious at times. Need something that let you quickly copy and paste buildings from one area to another? Then there is a good chance that you would come to like the Oxygen Not Included blueprints mod.
A Summary Of The Mod
In layman’s terms, if you have the blueprints mod, you could place, dig, and build things at your leisure. It’s worth pointing out that in the debox and sandbox mode, the blueprints complete instantly so you could bypass construction time. Needless to say, blueprints come in handy when you want to test out large-scale building setups.
How To Use Oxygen Not Included Blueprints
A lot of sites host Oxygen Not Included blueprints and https://blueprintnotincluded.com is a prime example. If you lack patience, it’s a good idea to download blueprints.
- Step 1: Open your web browser and go to https://blueprintnotincluded.com
- Step 2: Select the Blueprint tab and click on Browse to explore different blueprints. You can select whatever blueprint you want and adjust it to suit your personal preference.
- Step 3: Once you’re done, create a new save, click on the Blueprint tab again and then select Download.
- Step 4: When the download completes, go to My Computer and open the Downloads folder. Look for the blueprints you downloaded, right-click it and select Cut.
- Step 5: Go to Documents, navigate to the Klei folder and open it.
- Step 6: Select the Oxygen Not Included folder, open Blueprints and paste the downloaded blueprint (right-click > Paste). To access the downloaded blueprint in-game, launch Oxygen Not Included then toggle the Up or Down arrow key till you see the particular blueprint you want to use.
Note: Ensure you follow the instructions above and put the blueprints you downloaded in the Blueprints folder. If you don’t do so, you won’t be able to access and use your downloaded blueprints in-game. Also, all blueprints you create in-game would be store stored in Blueprints folder so you can always access and share them in times of need.
Create And Use Blueprints
- Step 1: Launch your Oxygen Not Included.
- Step 2: Click “New Blueprint” and then drag your mouse cursor over the structure whose blueprint you want to create.
- Step 3: Assign a name to the blueprint in the window that pops up and select Save.
- Step 4: Go to the area you want to replicate the building in and select Load Blueprint. Next, toggle the Up or Down arrow keys on your keyboard till you see the blueprint of the building you want to build.
Tips And Tricks
- New to Oxygen Not Included? Then you should stick to “No Sweat” mode and select the Terra asteroid.
- In case you don’t know, you cannot dig at whim in Oxygen Not Included. You need to prioritize materials, oxygen pockets and water. Your Duplicants will die if they don’t have access to the basic resources that dictate their survival. Aside from that, as you dig, make sure to avoid poisoned/polluted water and oxygen.
- Expand at a steady pace instead of rushing ahead. For good measure, don’t accept too many Duplicants from the printing press early in a playthrough. At the start of a playthrough, your oxygen supply is limited and it will run out quickly if you have a lot of Duplicant.
- Outhouse is one of the buildings you should consider building in the beginning. As your Duplicants work, their bladders fill up and they need to use a toilet. If you haven’t built one, they’ll release body waste on the floor which leads to pollution. If your Duplicants step into this polluted water, they may become stressed out and that hurts their productivity.
- Create Cots for your Duplicants so they have a place to sleep. If your Duplicants keep sleeping on the floor, they eventually suffer from the Sore Back effect. Having Cots to sleep on reduces Duplicates stress and optimizes their productivity.
- Keep an eye out for the stress levels of your Duplicants. Extremely stressed Duplicants cannot carry out duty assigned to them and they could even pollute your base.
- Focus on securing food for your Duplicants. If Duplicants don’t get to eat regularly, they should starve and eventually become unable to work. Build Manual Generator, Microbe Musher and Battery to produce Mush Bars. In a pinch, you could excavate caves around your base for Wild Muckroot and Meal Lice.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s.
Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Since 2019, he started providing game reviews & tips for Grateful Dead Game. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own.