Table of Contents
About MotioninJoy “The request could not be satisfied” error, driver is the number one suspect and the best solution is to install the driver manually. Depending on the situation, you should consider changing the date on your computer as well. New to MotioninJoy and have a hard time putting it to good use due to errors? In that case, this article is for you.
What Might Have Gone Wrong
Once it comes to using PS3 controllers to play games on PC, many Windows users opt for MotioninJoy but the program is far from perfect. Regarding Montioinjoy “The request could not be satisfied”, you should give these suspects some thought:
Taking Care Of The Error: Options
Install The Drivers Manually
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type MotioninJoy, right-click the top result and pick Open file location.
- Step 2: Open the Drivers folder, locate a file called MijXinput, run it and follow on-screen instructions.
- Step 3: Restart your computer then see how things turn out.
Change The Computer Date
According to a number of reports, MotioninJoy only works as expected if the computer date precedes 2014. Hence, if you run into Montioinjoy “The request could not be satisfied”, proceed to apply changes to the date on your computer. After you finish, set up your PS3 controller one more time then witness the result.
Pick Up Better DS3
You have a hard time using MotioninJoy on your PC? In that case, you should get your hands on Better DS3.
- Step 1: Download the right driver for the right system (link).
- Step 2: Extract the file to the desktop.
- Step 3: Go to Search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Step 4: Change View by to Category then hit View devices and printers under Hardware and Sound.
- Step 5: Connect the controller to the computer.
- Step 4: Locate the controller in the Devices and Printers window, right-click it and pick Properties.
- Step 5: Go to Hardware tab, double-click USB Input Device then pick Change settings.
- Step 6: Go to Driver tab, select Update driver and choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Step 7: Hit Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Step 8: Click Have Disk then pick Browse.
- Step 9: Make your way to the extracted driver folder on the desktop, select MijXinput.inf and choose Open
- Step 10: Allow the process to go all the way then restart your computer. When the screen comes back on, download and install Better DS3. Proceed to launch Better DS3 then hit the PS button on your controller
How do I use the PS Move alongside MotioninJoy?
- Step 1: Open MotioninJoy then hit Driver Manager on the top of the screen.
- Step 2: Connect your controller to the PC, check the checkboxes next to the two lines and hit Load driver
- Step 3: Hit Install if the Windows Security window appears and wait for the process to complete.
- Step 4: Select BluetoothPair in the top bar, determine whether PS Move has shown up under the Dualshock 3 section and choose Pair Now
- Step 5: Make sure that the Adapter MAC and Have Paired to contain the same value then unplug your PS Move. Next, press the PS button on the PS Move, launch a game and enjoy.
What must be done to uninstall MotioninJoy?
- Step 1: Open Control Panel, change View by to Category and hit Uninstall a program under Program.
- Step 2: Locate MotioninJoy, right-click it and pick Uninstall.
- Step 3: Go to Search bar, type cmd and hit Run as administrator.
- Step 4: In Command Prompt (Admin), run the command pnputil.exe -e to open a list.
- Step 5: Proceed to run the command pnputil.exe -f -d oemX.inf. Keep in mind that X is a stand-in for the number that indicates MotioninJoy in the list/ Next, press Windows + E to open File Explorer, go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete MijXfilt.sys. Afterward, go to Search bar, type regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor then delete everything related to MotioninJoy. Finally, restart your computer.
Why can’t I use Bluetooth devices after uninstalling MotioninJoy?
MotioninJoy usually creates a special adapter and replaces the original Bluetooth adapters with it. Thus, you have to fully delete the drivers installed. To do so, go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Step 2: Expand Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class, right-click MotioninJoy Virtual Xinput Device For Windows and pick Uninstall device.
- Step 3: Check the checkbox next to Delete the driver software for this device before hitting OK.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
Which controllers does MotioninJoy support?
MotioninJoy is capable of supporting popular console controllers such as PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, … Also, it supports a couple of custom controllers.
What are the disadvantages of MotioninJoy?
MotioninJoy usually overrides USB and Bluetooth drivers, thus making them unusable. Moreover, after plugging in the controllers, you must open Motionjoy and select a profile each time. Additionally, once installed, MotioninJoy is difficult to remove and keeping it updated might be troublesome since updates come in infrequently.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s.
Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Since 2019, he started providing game reviews & tips for Grateful Dead Game. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own.