Regarding Morrowind mods not working, the mods may have been disabled, and you need to enable them. Moreover, depending on the situation, you should consider uninstalling and reinstalling mods. If the issue persists, feel free to uninstall and reinstall the game, run a malware scan, and so on. Continue reading to be able to get the most out of the mods while playing Morrowind.
In layman’s terms, there is no way for mods to work in Morrowind if you disable them. Aside from that, if your version of the game is corrupted, you would have a hard time making use of mods. It’s worth pointing out that malware could complicate a lot of processes, and the loading of mods in Morrowind is not an exception. Unless you take action, Morrowind mods cannot perform to their full potential.
Solution 1: Enable Mods
- Step 1: Open Morrowind game folder, then enter Data Files folder.
- Step 2: On the list of mods, search for the mods you want to use and check the checkbox next to them.
- Step 3: Run the game.
Solution 2: Uninstall And Reinstall Mods
- Step 1: Open Morrowind game folder, then delete Data Files folder.
- Step 2: Download and install Nexus Mod Manager. If your OS displays a warning, hit Yes to allow the process to continue.
- Step 3: On the License Agreement window, scroll to the bottom and click OK.
- Step 4: Decide the location where you want to save Nexus Mod Manager.
- Step 5: Click the box that says Don’t create a Start Menu folder and pick Next.
- Step 6: Choose Default settings in File Extension Associations then select Install.
- Step 7: Download the mod you want via NexusMods.
- Step 8: Open Nexus Mod Manager, go to the Mod tab, select downloaded mod, and choose Activate.
Solution 2: Uninstall And Reinstall Morrowind
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Step 2: In the Control Panel, change View by Category then hit Uninstall a program under Program.
- Step 3: Locate Morrowind, right-click it, and pick Uninstall.
- Step 4: Confirm by clicking OK, then allow the process to run all the way.
- Step 5: Restart your computer.
Note: It’s not uncommon for Windows to miss a few files here and there during uninstallation. Because of that, you should scan your device for files related to Morrowind and then get rid of them on your own.
- Step 1: Insert the Morrowind CD.
- Step 2: Click Yes when you see the on-screen message saying ‘Would you like to install The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind’.
- Step 3: Press Yes at the bottom of the License Agreement.
- Step 4: Enter the destination folder of Morrowind and click Next.
- Step 5: Wait for the installation to complete, press Finnish and restart your computer.
Solution 4: Run Malware Scan
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Step 2: Select Update & security then choose Virus and threat protection in Windows Security.
- Step 3: Hit Quick scan.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Exactly Is Nexus Mod Manager?
It is an open-source program in the Windows OS that helps gamers manage mods of their games. Via Nexus Mod Manager, people could disable, enable, download and delete mods at will.
Should I Use Mods While Playing Morrowind?
Mods usually improve the gaming experience by updating the games’ audio, graphics, and so on. Aside from that, mods can also add new content to the game, fix performance bugs, etc.
What Are The Essential Morrowind Mods?
A lot of mods for Morrowind exist, but the community regards some to be essential: Morrowind Code Patch, Exe Optimizer, and Patch for Purists. Honorable mentions include:
- Morrowind Graphics Extender.
- Morrowind Watercolored.
- Better Night Sky.
- Armors Retexture.
- The Facepack Compilation.
- Better Bodies.
- Better Clothes.
- Better Water.
What Is Morrowind Rebirth?
Morrowind Rebirth is a newer version of Morrowind that packs enhanced graphics. Aside from that, Morrowind Rebirth contains more weapons, armor, quests, …
Tips And Tricks
- Only download mods from trusted sites such as NexusMods.
- Update mods every now and then.
- Run Morrowind Launcher as an Administrator.
- Back up your saves as a precaution.