If you notice mic not working in CS: GO, there is a good chance that your audio driver is out-of-date. To put your mic to good use, it’s strongly recommended that you update the audio driver. Other solutions include setting the default device, checking out the Windows Audio service, granting access to the mic, verifying the integrity of game files, etc. Continue reading to learn what must be done to bring the mic back to working order and enjoy CS: GO to the fullest.
Mic Won’t Work: Solutions
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Step 2: Expand Sound, video and game controllers then right-click your audio driver and pick Update driver.
- Step 3: Hit Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Step 4: Restart your computer as soon as the update completes.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, launch CS: GO and test out your mic.
Note: On occasions, it’s wise to uninstall and reinstall the driver.
- Step 1: Open Device Manager, right-click your audio driver in Sound, video and game controllers then pick Uninstall device.
- Step 2: Check the checkbox next to Delete the driver software for this device before hitting OK.
- Step 3: Restart your computer then see how things turn out.
Sets Default Recording Device
- Step 1: Look to the right side of the screen, right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and click Sounds.
- Step 2: Go to the Recording tab, right-click your mic and pick Properties.
- Step 3: Click the dropdown menu next to Device usage in General tab then pick Use this device (enable).
- Step 4: Select Apply, choose OK and disconnect your mic.
- Step 5: Restart your computer, reconnect your mic and determine whether the issue persists.
Note: If you cannot see your mic, right-click an empty space and pick Show Disabled Devices. Besides that, it won’t hurt to disable other devices except for your mic.
Check Out The Windows Audio Service
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type services. Msc and press Enter to open Services.
- Step 2: Locate Windows Audio, right-click it and pick Properties.
- Step 3: If Service status says Stopped, hit Start. If Service status says Running, hit Stop, wait for a minute and hit Start. Also, you should use the opportunity to change Startup type of Windows Audio to Automatic. After you finish, select Apply then choose OK.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
- Step 5: Test out your mic in CS: GO.
Note: In the case that Windows Audio won’t stay running, open Services, right-click Windows Audio, pick Properties and note down all the services in Dependencies tab. Next, search for services you noted down in Services then apply changes to their Service status and Startup type if necessary.
Grant Access To Mic
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Step 2: Click Privacy then pick Microphone.
- Step 2: If you see Microphone access for this device is off under Allow access to the camera on this device, hit Change and toggle on the switch.
- Step 3: If you see the switch under Allow apps to access your microphone is off, toggle it on.
- Step 4: Grant apps the right to access your mic by toggling their switches under Choose which Microsoft apps can access your microphone.
- Step 5: Witness the result.
Verify Integrity of Game Cache
- Step 1: Open Steam, log into your account and go to Library.
- Step 2: Locate CS: GO, right-click it and pick Properties.
- Step 3: Select Local Files tab then choose Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Step 4: Following the conclusion of the verification, restart your computer.
Check Out In-Game Settings
- Step 1: Open CS: GO, look to the left, click the gear icon to open Settings and pick Audio Settings.
- Step 2: Hit Audio then make sure there is nothing out of the ordinary.
- Step 3: Select Game Settings, choose Communication and see if you have muted other players.
- Step 4: Hit Controller then assign a key to Use Mic.
- Step 5: Launch CS: GO, join a match and start talking.
- Step 1: Open CS: GO, look to the left, click the gear icon to open Settings and pick Game Settings.
- Step 2: Hit Game, search for Enable Developer Console (~) and change it to Yes
- Step 3: Exit Settings, press the ~ key, type the command voice_enable 1 and hit Enter.
Do I need to have a mic to play CS: GO?
All in all, the microphone plays a key role in CS: GO. Without a mic, you would have a hard time updating teammates on the movement of the enemies, discussing tactics and so on.
Is CS: GO harder than Valorant?
To be honest, both games have unique challenges. CS: GO’s mechanics take time to master so you need a lot of practice to get used to the aiming, recoil patterns, …On the other hand, Valorant requires you to make use of skills to bring your team to victory.
How many competitive matches do I need to win to rank up in CS: GO?
It usually takes between four and five consecutive wins to go up a rank in CS: GO. The number of wins necessary for a rank-up is not consistent though since there are other factors to be considered.
Are kills important in CS: GO ranking?
Kills only determine your current place in a rank. Other factors include deaths, assists, MVPs, damage dealt and bomb plants.
What are the lowest and highest ranks in CS: GO?
In CS: GO, the lowest rank is Silver I, the starting point of many players after the first ten victories. At the moment, the highest rank is Global Elite.
What are the guns that pros use?
In the pro world, guns that see extensive use comprise Desert Eagle, AW, AK-47, M4A1-S, M4A4 and USP-S.
Does rank in CS: GO decrease automatically?
In case you have not played CS: GO ranked matches for four consecutive weeks, your rank will then be hidden and only reappear if you secure a win or a draw. Still, there is a good chance that you have to win several games in a row to regain the original rank.
Tips And Tricks
- Remember all the common hiding spots and pre-fire at the head level as a precaution.
- Master the recoil patterns of popular guns such as AK-47, M4A1-S, M4A4, …
- Do not peek or expose yourself while reloading your guns.
- Learn how to throw the grenades to maximize damage.
- Be optimistic since your team could make a comeback against heavy odds if the morale is high.