Table of Contents
Once it comes to Life Is Strange not launching, the game files must have been corrupted and you should verify integrity of game files. Aside from that, you may want to change GPU, update Windows, etc. You don’t know what must be done and could use some help? Then spare a bit of your time to check out this article.
Life Is Strange Won’t Launch: Why
In most of the cases, Life Is Strange runs smoothly but if you notice Life Is Strange not launching, give these possibilities some thought.
- Corrupted game files
- Inadequate GPU
- Windows is out-of-date
Ways To Get Life Is Strange To Launch
Verify Integrity Of Game Files
Before you initiate the game, you must first make sure that all files are ready. Sometimes, the download, installation, or setup procedure may have problems. To verify your game files on steam, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open Steam, log into your account and go to Library.
- Step 2: Locate Life Is Strange, right-click it and pick Properties.
- Step 3: Choose Local Files tab then select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Step 4: The moment the process completes, launch the game and determine whether the issue persists.
In case you don’t know, it’s uncommon for computers to have more than one graphics card. If your PC contains multiple graphics cards, make sure that it uses a capable card to run Life Is Strange.
- Step 1: Open Nvidia Control Panel
- Step 2: Go to 3D Setting > Manage 3D Settings > Program Setting
- Step 3: Choose Life Is Strange for Select a program to customize and pick High Performance Nvidia Processor Graphics Processor for Select the preferred graphics processor for this program.
- Step 4: Save changes.
- Step 5: Launch the game
- Step 1: Open Radeon Setting.
- Step 2: Go to Preferences > Additional Settings > Power > Switchable Graphics Application Settings
- Step 3: Pick Life Is Strange from the list of apps. If you can not find Life Is Strange from the list, click Add Application and pick the executable file from the game folder. By doing so, you could add the game to the list.
- Step 4: In Graphics Settings, set High Performance profile for the game.
- Step 5: Launch the game.
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings, select Update & Security and choose Check for updates.
- Step 2: If an update is available, allow Windows to download and install it.
- Step 3: As soon as the update wraps up, restart your computer.
- Step 4: When the screen comes back on, launch the game and see how things turn out.
Life Is Strange: FAQs
Is Life Is Strange Free At The moment?
The first episode of Life is Strange is free on all platforms. Of course, as the game is episodic, you need to buy the remaining episodes to reach the ending.
Can Kid Play Life Is Strange?
Overall, Life is Strange is not kid-friendly due to its mature themes and content. The game addresses heavy topics such as bullying, suicide and drugs which can be disturbing.
Is Life Is Strange A Horror Game?
The game indeed contains horror elements such as the use of suspenseful music as well as the occasional jump scare.
Helpful Tips And Tricks
- In Life Is Strange, you can never be too sure when a choice you make will have unforeseen consequences down the line. Thus, save from time to time to be able to go back and try something else if you don’t like the way things play out.
- The environment in Life Is Strange is full of clues and easter eggs that can help you piece together what’s going on. That is why you should keep your eyes open and explore everything to get the big picture.
- Don’t be afraid to rewind time if necessary. Life Is Strange gives you unlimited rewind power so there’s no restriction on how often you can go back. That is especially useful if you want to see the result of dialogue options.
- Stuck at a puzzle? Feel free to abuse the ability to rewind time and take other approaches. There is a good chance that you could overcome the puzzle if you look at the puzzle from more than one perspective.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s.
Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Since 2019, he started providing game reviews & tips for Grateful Dead Game. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own.