Table of Contents
All in all, games usually lose popularity as time passes by but Garry’s Mod (Gmod) is one of the exceptions. Introduced back in the early 2000s, Gmod remains one of the best sandbox games with tens of thousands of people playing it every month. However, Gmod still leaves something to be desired, especially once it comes to multiplayer. Check out this article if you notice Gmod mic not working but don’t know why.
Gmod Mic Won’t Work: Troubleshooting
A lot of gamers agree that being able to use the microphone while playing Gmod in multiplayer is essential as it enables communication between teammates. Needless to say, among problems in multiplayer mode of the game, Gmod mic not working is second to none in terms of annoyance. That being said, since everyone makes silly mistakes at times, you should first check the Voice settings and see if the voice feature is enabled
In the case that there is nothing out of the ordinary in Voice settings, try out the solutions down below.
Sometimes, the situation could be the result of an oversight on your part. You may have unknowingly decreased the volume to the lowest. In that case, the solution is as simple as increasing your mic volume level on Gmod, Stream and PC. Feel free to increase volume to maximum, launch a game and see how things turn out.
While troubleshooting issues that involve peripherals such as microphones, you should take drivers into account. If their drivers run into issues (obsolescence, corruption, etc), peripherals would go haywire from time to time. Thus, regarding Gmod mid not working, it’s wise to consider updating the mic driver.
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Device Manager and hit Enter.
- Step 2: Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right-click your mic and pick Properties.
- Step 3: Navigate to Driver tag, hit Update driver and follow the instructions to update the driver. After you finish, restart your computer, launch Gmod and determine whether the issue persists.
Note: For good measure, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update then see if there is a new update for Windows. If an update is available, download and install it at the earliest opportunity.
It’s possible that you have more than one microphone connected to your computer. For instance, there is a built-in mic on standard laptops nowadays so if you connect an external mic, you must set the mic to use.
- Step 1: Right-lick the speaker icon, pick Sound and navigate to Recording tab.
- Step 2: Choose your mic then select Set as default.
- Step 3: Run mic tests in Gmod.
Rules of The Game
- A player is hindering your progress and you want to get the person’s ID? Then point your Phys gun and the ID of that player will appear at the bottom left corner of your screen. You can proceed to kick out the player at your leisure.
- Don’t publicly announce that you want to remove players via teleportation command as some may decide to annoy you.
- Make sure that you use a mic as an admin because players can run away when you are typing.
- Cloak yourself at intervals to see if players are breaking the rules so you can ban them.
Is it possible to craft stuff in Gmod?
Gmod allows you to craft stuff like security devices to break enemy defense and traps to hurt enemies. To do so, you first need to get an idea of what you want to create then look up the required material. Once you have the needed material, make the device and add color to improve the aesthetics.
How do I get mods for GMod?
- Step 1: Go to websites that host mods for Gmod
- Step 2: Download the mod to your computer
- Step 3: Extract the mod then place it in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\yoursteamname\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons.
What should I do if errors surface after I install mods?
If you get errors after installing a mod for Garry’s Mod, report the errors to the mod developers. Your feedback will help them fix the errors. Don’t contact the developers of Garry’s Mod because they cannot address issues caused by third-party content such as mods.
What are the keybinds in Gmod?
- Use A, S, W and D to move.
- Press R to reload your weapon.
- Press Q to open your menu.
- Press V to fly around the current level.
- Press F to turn on the flashlight
- Press left Ctrl to Crouch and move slowly.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s.
Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Since 2019, he started providing game reviews & tips for Grateful Dead Game. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own.