Once it comes to Flawless Widescreen not working KOTOR, you should close Flawless Widescreen and relaunch the app. Besides that, you may want to edit the config files, enable display detection and so on. Continue reading if you want to enjoy yourself to the fullest while using Flawless Widescreen for KOTOR.
What Must Be Done
Flawless Widescreen is an app that gamers use to increase the screen resolution of a number of games. In the case of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, many players have said that the application is useless as it crashes and corrupts saves. However, it’s worth pointing out that Flawless Widescreen could work on KOTOR. If you have a hard time getting the app to work as you play KOTOR, try out these solutions
Close The App And Relaunch It
In the beginning, you should close Flawless Widescreen and relaunch it. The process works wonders at times despite its simplicity and players hold it in high esteem.
Edit Config File
- Step 1: Go to KOTOR folder and locate the configuration file.
- Step 2: After finding the swKOTOR.ini file, you must open it using a text editor eg Notepad.
- Step 3: Proceed to scroll down to the [graphics choices] section. Now, you need to change height to 1080 (or to your custom resolution Height) and width to 1920 (or to your custom resolution Width).
- Step 4: Select File, choose Save and exit. Last but not least, launch KOTOR then see how things turn out.
Note: You need to open Flawless Widescreen before launching KOTOR.
Enable Display Detection
- Step 1: Go to Flawless Widescreen’s settings and navigate to configuration.
- Step 2: Hit Enable on the display detection menu
- Step 3: Restart Flawless Widescreen.
The Best Way To Play KOTOR
Select Class Based On Playstyle
In KOTOR, you can decide attributes of your character such as gender, traits and abilities but class is second to none regarding importance. The class you choose at the beginning of the playthrough affects quite a few things as you advance.
- Scoundrel is the slick talker who often prefers long-range and covert strikes. The starting statistics for Scoundrel seem poor, particularly in computer use, repair, and healing. However, such a shortcoming is compensated for by the class’s proficiency in persuasion, stealth, demolitions, and security. Players who like to go about their business more covertly will find Scoundrel a fun class to play.
- Soldier is the epitome of a warrior who puts physical force above cunning and speech.
- Scout excels in combat and skill-based specializations which make it the best of both worlds. When choosing the Scout class, players need to be mindful that if they don’t have the appropriate feats in place, the game may become more difficult for them. Hence, you should make use of Heavy Armor feat and put on heavy armour as soon as possible. That will make the character significantly more successful in combat, shifting the odds in their favor for a few turns while keeping them alive for longer.
Save, Save And Save
You should pay attention to how often you save in Knights of the Old Republic. Of course, you rely on the autosave but you will have no control over the return point when things turn south. Thus, for good measure, you should save before and after significant events (battles, quests and so on).
Pay Attention To Interaction
Star Wars: KOTOR is a role-playing game (RPG) that emphasizes communication. A good portion of the game’s environment can be discovered by conversing with the various NPCs. It is an excellent method for people to familiarize themselves with the KOTOR universe and find out what must be done to advance the story. Therefore, it is wise to take your time, appreciate the game’s ambiance and focus on interaction.
Give The Jedi Sentinel A Go
There are many different classes available to Jedi but the Jedi Sentinel is considered the most well-rounded option. The Sentinel lacks some proficiency in armor and weaponry, but the class comes equipped with the talents of Persuasion and Awareness. There are additional bonus points available in the areas of Resilience and Fortitude. The class is highly skilled in using lightsabers and maintains a healthy equilibrium between its life and Force powers.
What Is The Role Of Wisdom In Star Wars: KOTOR?
A high Wisdom provides new modifiers to the Jedi’s Force power and force points. A Jedi with a high Wisdom score possesses Force powers that are significantly more difficult to counteract. Knowledge and logic are embodied in this symbol. (xanax) A character with a high Intelligence receives additional modifiers that increase the points they must spend on essential abilities.
Which Characters Can I Romance In KOTOR?
There are only three characters that can develop romantic feelings for players: Bastila, Carth, and Juhani.
Should I Save Skill Points In KOTOR?
You can save up as many points as you like and then spend them on subsequent opportunities to level up if you choose. In the same way, you can put off reaching the next level while still gaining experience, which can be done later.
How Long Does It Take To Complete KOTOR?
The entire game, including all optional side missions, can be finished in an average of forty-five hours. A full playthrough of both morality routes should take approximately ninety hours.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s.
Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Since 2019, he started providing game reviews & tips for Grateful Dead Game. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own.