If you notice Fallout 4 Full Dialogue Interface not working, configuration is at fault and you should modify the .ini file as soon as possible. Depending on the situation, you should also install the mod using Nexus Mod Manager, pick up the string patches and so on. You don’t know your way around Fallout 4 and have a hard time carrying out the solutions on your own? Then this article could help you out.
Full Dialogue Interface Won’t Work: Fixes
Modify The .INI File
- Step 1: Go to the Fallout 4 game folder (C:\Users<YourName>\My Documents\My Games\Fallout 4).
- Step 2: Locate the Fallout4Custom.ini file then open it using Notepad.
- Step 3: In Fallout4Custom.ini, add the following lines:
- Step 4: Save the changes and close the file.
- Step 5: Launch Fallout 4 then see how things turn out.
- Step 1: Open Mod Organizer 2, select the puzzle icon on the top toolbar and choose INI Editor.
- Step 2: Hit the third tab and open the Fallout4Custom.ini file
- Step 3: Launch Fallout 4 through Mod Organizer 2 after the lines down below:
Install The Mod Via Nexus Mod Manager
- Step 1: Right-click Nexus Mod Manager then pick Run as administrator
- Step 2: Install Full Dialogue Interface and let the process run from start to finish.
- Step 3: Launch Fallout 4 then determine whether the issue persists.
Pick Up The String Patches
- Step 1: Launch your web browser, search for the String Patches for Full Dialog Interface and download it.
- Step 2: Install Full Dialogue Interface as well as String Patches for Full Dialog Interface. For good measure, you should install Full Dialogue Interface at the top of the UI section.
- Step 3: Restart your computer, launch Fallout 4 and see how things turn out.
What does Full Dialogue Interface do?
The mod makes the game display the complete dialogue of characters instead of paraphrases and it remodifies the dialogue interface too. Full Dialogue Interface features different layouts for players to choose from and two different versions of the mod exist: full and lite. Finally, Full Dialogue Interface supports other languages than English such as Chinese, Spanish, French, Japanese, Russian, Italian, …
What is Nexus Mod Manager?
Nexus Mod Manager is an open-source program and its purpose is to automate the download as well as installation of mods. Currently, the Nexus Mod Manager is only available on PC and supports more than thirty titles.
Is Nexus Mod Manager superior to Vortex?
No, Vortex outmatches Nexus Mod Manager since it supports over sixty games. Furthermore, by taking advantage of Vortex, players can resolve mod conflicts or mod coverage at their leisure.
Why can’t I hear any dialogue in Fallout 4?
If you have a hard time hearing the dialogue, it’s a good idea to check out the in-game audio settings. To do that, open Settings, navigate to Audio and determine what everything is to your liking. Feel free to apply changes if necessary.
How many dialogue are in Fallout 4?
The number of dialogue in Fallout 4 exceeds 13, 000 lines. It took the voice actors two years to cover all of the lines.
What’s with the colored dialogue?
The colors indicate the chance of success of actions. The yellow, orange and red colors stand for easy, difficult and hard respectively. (clubdeportestolima) Factors that affect the chance include Charisma and perks such as Ladykiller, Black Widow, etc.
How do I calculate the chance of passing a speech check?
Each of your Charism points adds 9% to the chance of success. For example, if you have 6 Charisma then you will have a 54% chance of passing a red check.
Which game has the most dialogue?
The current world record belongs to Fallout: New Vegas which has over 65,000 lines including the ones from the DLCs.
What is the maximum stat for Charisma?
In Fallout 4, 48 is the cap of Charisma stat. That being said, you cannot reach that number without having add-ons as the base Charisma stat is 10 at max. There is no need to increase Charisma if you have used the You’re SPECIAL book to permanently increase the stat.
Is there a way to increase the chance of success while persuading characters?
- Step 1: Look away, open the Pip-Boy and change clothes to ones capable of raising Charisma. Keep in mind that even if your character is male, it is still possible to wear dresses to increase Charisma.
- Step 2: Get back to the conversation by looking directly at the character.
- Step 3: Choose the desired line and witness the result.
Where can I find the red dress in Fallout 4?
The red dress is superbly useful when trying to persuade someone because it adds two points to Charisma. There are four ways to get the red dress:
- Look around Vault 118.
- Purchase the dress from Dejen in Acadia/Anne Hargraves in WRVR broadcast station.
- Kill/pickpocket Magnolia in Goodneighbor.
What stats should I increase first?
The three most important stats in the early game are Perception, Endurance and Agility, so the recommended points for them are 7,8 and 7 respectively. For Strength, it should be given 3 points while Charisma, Intelligence and Luck are worth increasing by only 1 point.
Tips And Tricks
- Save and load repeatedly if you want to pass a tricky persuasion check.
- Use Shift + WASD or 1,2,3,4 to quickly navigate through the menus.
- Always carry an item that can increase Charisma around.
- Talk to everyone and everything with a name.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s. Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own. Connect with him on Twitter.