Table of Contents
Overall, Dual Sheath Redux is a solid Skyrim mod for those who care about realism but complaints about Dual Sheath Redux not working appear sometimes. In most of the cases, the load order of mods is the root of the trouble so the best solution is to change the load order. If the issue persists, you could make use of Mod Organizer, run Dual Sheath Redux manually and so on. Continue reading to be able to get Dual Sheath Redux to work and enjoy Skyrim to the fullest.
Approaches To The Situation
Change The Load Order
In case you don’t know, the mod load order affects the performance of mods which is why it requires special attention. You should modify the load order as follow if you can help it:
- Unofficial Patches.
- Weapons & Armor Fixes Remade.
- Clothing & Clutter Fixes.
- Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade.
- Smithing Perks Overhaul Remade.
- Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp (At the bottom of the load order if there is no optional patch).
- Optional patches.
Use Mod Organizer
- Step 1: Open Mod Organizer, locate DATA tab and hit it.
- Step 2: Go to the SkyProc Patchers then make your way to Dual Sheath Redux Patch directory.
- Step 3: Look for the Dual Sheath Redux.jar, right-click it and pick Add as Executable.
- Step 4: Go back to the Mod Organizer’s start pane, select Dual Sheath Redux Patch and choose Run.
- Step 5: Open LOOT, activate Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp and launch the game.
Note: To run the patch, you must have Java x32
Run Dual Sheath Redux Manually
- Step 1: Install Dual Sheath Redux using NMM, Mod Organizer, etc.
- Step 2: Go to the directory: %your folder%\Mod Organizer\Mods\Dual Sheath Redux
- Step 3: Copy all the meshes in your sight then paste them to another folder.
- Step 4: Search for Ousnius SSE Nif Optimizer on the internet then download and install it.
- Step 5: Copy and paste SSE Nif Optimizer.exe to the folder containing the meshes then open it.
- Step 6: Tick Head Parts Only then hit Optimize if head meshes are available. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Step 7: Locate the Dual Sheath Redux folder then copy and paste it into the game folder.
- Step 8: Install all the desired mods. Feel free to overwrite Dual Sheath Redux meshes if necessary.
- Step 9: Open LOOT, wait for plugins.txt to be generated and run SSE Creation Kit.
- Step 10: Load up Dual Sheath Redux.esp, select Set as Active File and choose OK.
- Step 11: Go to Magic\ Spell in the left pane, right-click DualSheathReduxAbility, pick Edit and give it whatever name you want.
- Step 12: Hit OK, open the DualSheathReduxAbility’s Edit window again and revert the name to the original.
- Step 13: Hit OK, save and exit the SSE Creation Kit.
- Step 14: Go to the directory C:\Users%Your Username%\AppData\Local\Skyrim and copy the plugins.txt file and paste it to C:\Users%Your Username%\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition.
- Step 15: Open the plugins.txt file then proceed to add Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm and Dragonborn.esm at the top. Next, click Edit, pick Replace and delete all asterisks. Navigate to %your gamefolder%\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SkyProc Patchers, run the Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar file and let the process run all the way. Last but not least, launch LOOT, activate the Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp and launch the game.
Dual Sheath Redux Not Working: Reasons
All in all, it won’t take a lot of time and effort to mod features of Skyrim. Still, if you notice Dual Sheath Redux not working, you must give these suspects some thought:
- Mod load order.
- Dual Sheath Redux.
Skyrim Modding FAQs
What Skyrim mods should I get?
New mods come out every now and then but if you prioritize experience, it’s suggested that you get Moonpath to Elsweyr, Falskaar, Helgen Reborn, Sounds of Skyrim: Complete and Apocalypse: Magic of Skyrim. Honorable mentions include Diverse Dragons Collection, Enderal: The Shards of Order, A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map, etc.
Which mod would make Skyrim look real?
In terms of realism, Skyrim Realistic Overhaul is a must-have. It not only is an all-in-one texture pack but the mod also alters Skyrim’s look completely. Skyrim Realistic Overhaul also put little trains on the system.
Which game is superior, Oblivion or Skyrim?
Both Oblivion and Skyrim have their own charms. While Oblivion is praised for its quests, Skyrim’s combat system is considered to be on another level. Both games belong to the same franchise so it’s a good idea to play them and decide for yourself.
What makes Skyrim so easy to mod?
The reason why players can mod Skyrim at their leisure is the use of the Gamebryo engine. Compared to its contemporaries, Gamebryo is a breeze to mod.
Tips And Tricks
- Nexus Mods and Bethesda sites host many Skyrim mods.
- Take into account your version of Skyrim before downloading specific mods.
- To be able to mod Skyrim to your heart’s content, you should keep these tools on your computer: Mod Organizer 2, Skyrim Script Extender, BethINI, xEdit, LOOT and Wabbajack.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s.
Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Since 2019, he started providing game reviews & tips for Grateful Dead Game. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own.