Nowadays, in terms of real-time tactical shooting, Rainbow Six: Siege is one of the leading titles. To win matches in Siege, you have to stay in touch with your teammates and Discord could help you do so in most of the cases. However, it’s going to be a nightmare when Discord acts up and you cannot communicate with the rest of your team during battle. Give this article a look if your Discord cuts out in Rainbow Six: Siege from time to time.
Discord Not Working All Of A Sudden: Solutions
Few things can be more exciting than takeing part in a fast-paced FPS game where you have to work with other players to outstrategize the opposing team. However, for some reasons, Discord could make things more difficult by cutting off audio communication and that can be detrimental to your odds of victory. If you notice Discord cuts out in Rainbow Six: Siege, you should give these solutions a go.
- Step 1: Close all windows on the screen, right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager
- Step 2: Navigate to Details tab then locate the Discord process named “Discord.exe”. There will be several programs with the same name on the list but one of them will use more memory than others.
- Step 3: Right-click on the Discord process that uses the most memory on the Task Manager. Next, choose Set Priority and change the priority from low to high.
- Step 4: Hit Change Priority option to authenticate the changes you have made.
- Step 1: Open your Discord, go to Settings and select Advanced tab.
- Step 2: Enable Developer Mode as well as Hardware Acceleration by toggling the switches.
- Step 3: Close our Discord app, reopen it then launch the Rainbow Six Siege to see how things turn out.
- Step 1: Restart your Discord app and go to Settings.
- Step 2: In Settings, select Game Activity tab, enable Display current game and click Add.
- Step 3: You will see a drop-down menu with the list of your games connected to the Discord app. Select Rainbow Six Siege from the list then click Add game.
- Step 4: Restart Discord, Launch Rainbow Six: Siege and determine whether the issue persists.
- Step 1: Open the Discord client via the system tray.
- Step 2: Locate User Settings and open it.
- Step 3: Navigate to Activity settings and click Game Overlay tab.
- Step 4: Toggle Enable in-game overlay to “disabled”.
- Step 5: Go to the Activity Status tab to see a list of your games installed on the PC. Proceed to select Rainbow Six: Siege from the list of games.
Tips And Tricks
Practice Before Playing
It is good practice to first warm up a bit before playing in multiplayer mode. You can do that in the Terrorist Hunt mode where you play against AI enemies instead of other humans. In that mode, you can practice shooting stationary targets as well as moving ones.
Check Out The Surroundings
Always pay attention to the barricade to see if enemies are behind it before breaching doors. Also, when you enter a room, scan the corners and fire at places that enemies may be hiding to preempt their attacks.
Pay Attention To Sounds
All in all, the sounds in Rainbow Six: Siege prove essential for your survival. For example, the footsteps of enemies will get louder as they get closer to you.
Learn How To Interrupt Reload
It is not safe to load your weapon in the presence of enemies as that will put you in harm’s way. You can cancel a reload when you run into enemies by sprinting. The moment you manage to put enough distance between you and your enemies, feel free to reload your weapon.
Play Custom Games With Friends
Create a custom game from the map and master it with your friends. By doing so, you can experiment with strategies. Maintain communication with your friends and test out your strategies as you play.
Take Settings Into Account
The way you configure the setting of your game and gaming console can go a long way toward bringing your team to victories. For example, if you use the Advanced Gadget Deployment feature, it will come in handy when you come across enemies and have to take action quickly. If you play with a console, lower the dead zones of your analog stick to reduce the pressure you need to apply to the stick to move. Also, increase the sensitivity of your console so that your response time to react can be faster.
Make Use Of Drones
It’s wise to use drones to monitor the layout of the environment and the position of the enemies before moving into the area. That is going to tell you what to expect and prepare accordingly.
How do you rank up in Rainbow Six: Siege?
To climb up the rank in Rainbow Six: Siege, you have to take part in ten placement matches. A rank will be assigned to you based on your performance in the matches. There is a hard reset at the end of the season so you must play the ten placement matches each season to get your rank.
Is Rainbow Six: Siege worth playing offline?
Generally speaking, in offline mode, Rainbow Six: Siege will only give you a mediocre gaming experience. That is because the game’s multiplayer mode is where all the action lies. However, feel free to take advantage of the offline mode to learn the basics
What is the best way to practice Rainbow Six: Siege?
Apart from the play modes in the game, you can also give the Squad Finder mode a go. In that mode, you should see groups of players available for play. Usually, those players will be of the same skill level as yours. You can communicate with them through the mic as you set out to train your skills in the game.