Table of Contents
Regarding Arma 3 3rd person not working, the configuration of difficulty settings is usually at fault and you have to apply changes. If the issue persists, you may want to verify the integrity of game files, disable mods, uninstall and reinstall Arma 3, etc. You don’t know how to carry out the solutions on your own? In that case, you should find this article useful.
Arma 3 3rd Person Won’t Work: Reasons
Overall, Arma 3 could run into a couple of issues but once it comes to Arma 3 3rd person not working, you should consider these possibilities:
- Configuration of difficulty settings
- Corrupted game files
How To Get 3rd Person To Work In Arma 3
Reconfigure Difficulty Settings
For your information, in Arma 3, 3rd person view is not available for all difficulties. Therefore, to play in 3rd person, you get the difficulty right.
- Step 1: Launch the Arma 3 game, navigate to the main menu and choose Configure.
- Step 2: Select Game then change the game difficulty preset to regular
- Step 3: Scroll down to View, check the 3rd person option and play a match.
Verify Integrity Of Game Files
- Step 1: Open Steam, log into your account and go to Library.
- Step 2: Locate Arma 3, right-click it and pick Properties.
- Step 3: Select Local Files tab then choose Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Step 4: After the verification finishes, launch the game and see how things turn out.
All in all, the presence of mods could result in Arma 3 3rd person not working on occasions. Because of that, for good measure, you should disable your mods then see how things turn out. If 3rd person words as expected afterward, feel free to conclude that a mod is the one responsible for everything. At that point, all you have left to do is to re-enable mods one by one, identify the troublemaker and get rid of it.
Uninstall And Reinstall
If none of the above works, your last resort is to uninstall and reinstall the game.
- Step 1: Open This PC then navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam|steamapps\common\Arma 3.
- Step 2: Delete the Arma 3 folder.
- Step 3: Open Steam, log into your account and go to Library.
- Step 4: Hit Arma 3 icon then allow Steam to redownload all of the files and folder.
- Step 5: Launch the game.
Further Tips And Tricks
Learn How To Drive
In the beginning, you should work on your driving skills because there would be times when you need to hop into vehicles to either pursue enemies or flee from them. The last thing you want to experience is to find yourself in a tough spot after messing up a tight turn.
Take Advantage Of Reticles
To take accurate shots at long ranges, bring up your reticles by pressing Ctrl + mouse wheel to zero in on the target. Also, you need to compensate for gravity while shooting so you should put reticles above the targets. Take the distance between you and the targets into account as you compensate.
Aim For The Torso
You need to score at least two hits to kill an enemy and you must do so while avoiding getting hit in return. The rule of thumb is to aim at the torso as it’s the biggest part of the body. Of course, headshots usually guarantee instant kill but the head is small and it’s impractical to keep shooting at the head. Thus, you should concentrate your shots on the torso for most of the time.
Carry A Secondary Weapon
It’s not uncommon for enemies to stumble upon you as you reload your primary weapon. Hence, it’s wise to have a secondary weapon. Switch to the secondary weapon to engage enemies in your sight then look for cover to complete the reload of your primary weapon.
Pay Attention To Armor Level
When you come across dead enemies/ teammates, check out their armor level. In Arma 3, armor levels consist of Unshielded, I, II, III, Blast Resistant, IV and V. Switch armor to increase your odds of survival.
Protect The Head At All Times
The head is the most delicate part of your body as no matter what, a headshot will kill you. Thus, keep your head down during combat.
Don’t Fight Every Battle
Since Arma 3 is a realistic game, knowing when to fight and when to flee is key to success. Surrounded by enemies and have next to no ammo? Then you should look for an escape and make a break for it.
Do I need a strong PC to play Arma 3?
The minimum system requirement for playing Arma 3 is Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB RAM. For optimal experience, it is strongly recommended that you play the game on computers that have at least Intel Core i5-4460, 6GB RAM and 32GB disk space.
Which company developed Arma 3?
Arma 3 was developed by Bohemia Interactive, a Czech-based game developer notable for creating top-rated military simulation games.
Is there co-op mode in Arma 3?
Several co-op options exist in Arma 3. One of the options is the traditional co-op that many players have experienced in other games. Besides that, Asymmetric co-op is an option that lets people play in Seize and Defend modes.
What are the best tactics in Arma 3?
- If you get spotted as you approach enemies, switch to an automatic weapon and release as many bursts as you can to kill them. On the other hand, if you manage to stay undetected, use your knife for stealth kills. Feel free to crouch away and throw a grenade if you see too many enemies clumping together.
- During mid-range shootouts, you can go for headshost if there is an opening but make sure that your stamina reserve is high.
- Don’t bother shooting at long ranges unless you have a sniper rifle.
Chris started playing PC games in the 1980s, started writing about them in the early 2000s, and (finally) started getting paid to write about them in the late 2000s.
Following a few years as a regular freelancer, PC Gamer hired him in 2014, probably so he’d stop emailing them asking for more work. Since 2019, he started providing game reviews & tips for Grateful Dead Game. Chris has a love-hate relationship with survival games and an unhealthy fascination with the inner lives of NPCs. He’s also a fan of offbeat simulation games, mods, and ignoring storylines in RPGs so he can make up his own.